This document is now available online.
It's a general outline of the theory this blog is designed to explore and develop. My current primary goal is getting the research and supporting evidence for these ideas together to make a more solid argument for this theory.
Here's the basics, if you find this interesting, check out the longer document, and the rest of the blog.
1. The revolution is already beginning, i am not aiming to instigate it, only to describe it and participate in it.
2. The Proletariat is not a revolutionary class. The revolutionary class will be a third class radically different from both the proletariat and the bourgeoisie (as the bourgeoisie was radically different from both serfs and nobles) The new class is developing a radically new form of economic relationships.
3. These new economic relationships will prove to be more efficient and are begining to grow a new economic system to rival and replace capitalism.
4. Political action (violent or peaceful) will be a part of this revolution only when the capitalists use state power and force to maintain their obsolete system by attempting to outlaw or inhibit the growing power of it's replacement.
5. The new economy is based on creativity. The revolutionary class is the creative class. Art is the new form of economic relations.
6. This new economy will begin in the growing art/entertainment sector of our economy, but will spread to other sectors as it proves superior to the capitalist form.
7. Live performance (theatre, live music) is the most revolutionary (and will shortly be the most popular and important) art form. If we (artists) can gain control of the live performance section of the entertainment industry, we can kick start the revolution.
8 hours ago