I'm a little late on these. Thursdays might be a little late in the week for making time for this. Anyway, this is a good week for art in Milwaukee.
1. My Name is Rachel Corrie: tonight at 5 and 7:30, at the Haefler Theatre Building on Marquette Campus, free. I saw this last night, and while imperfect, it's defnitely worth checking out. See review below.
2. 3Penny Opera - opens thursday at Off the Wall. I've been super excited since first hearing about this, and reading Dale's short essay on the show (up here: http://www.offthewalltheatre.com/)has got me even more excited! Brecht in milwaukee by someone who understands and shares some of brecht's intentions, even takes them to the next steps.
3. BERZERK!!! 15 plays all written in ten minutes. Sat at 8pm. Produced by me! The plays were written last weekend. This is possibly the best batches of BERZERK!!! plays we've assembled. It's gonna be an awesome show... if i can pull off all the tech stuff we need to get together. Buy tickets online now, cuz it'll likely sell out. Get em at the Alchemist website)
4. FTAM show at the borg ward. Great noise show, also sat at 8pm. If you don't get to BERZERK!!! get to this.
5. Present Music at Discovery World. Also on Saturday, the bourgeois version of the FTAM show. But, Present Music is finally acknowledging the existance of local experimental musicians! If it were a different night i'd be checking it out.
6. Transmutative Cinema - some really interesting looking films this week, Sat at 10, sunday at 8. Free with drink purchase at the alchemist. Support the alchemist! Support genuinely independent cinema in Milwaukee!
7. i'm too busy with my own theatre stuff to have kept up on the visual arts scene this week. Sorry. Check out Art City or Suseptible to Images, i'm sure some of the great exhibits i saw two weeks ago are still up.
16 hours ago