Monday, May 14, 2007

Activities update

1. I am firmly over my writers block, put in hours and hours on Ulysses Crewmen this week. Feels GREAT. I'm not terribly excited about what i've written and it's going to need a lot of work, but at least it's ink on paper, damn it.

2. Street theatre, gearing up for all kinds of Made in the Mouth promotion, still doing surveys. Started collecting email addresses with the surveys, and more than half the people have no problem with it, so mailing list growth!

3. Made in the Mouth auditions coming up, photoshoot for the poster designs is in the works. It's going to be crazy good fun.

4. the new website is up and pretty! insurgenttheatre.org

5. I am acting in the PB totally gay improv show, first rehearsal was great fun.

6. After being close to two car accidents this weekend (witnessed one, my sister was in the other, she's okay, everyone's relatively fine, just broken legs all around) i wrote an autobiographical blood spattered death scene. It's called An Atheist's Last Rites and I might submit it to the upcoming PB one-page play show, but i'm not sure, because... well, it's personal and uncharacteristically emotional. So, i might just want to keep it to myself, cuz i'm getting more disgusted by confessional, emotional art every day. On the other hand, i think it's really really good, so i want to share it.

7. Tracy and i are reviewing Who I was Yesterday, it'll be up here in a few days.

No comments: